There is always something going on with Naomi, and therefore us. One of Naomi's new interests is her bookshelf. We put her books on the second shelf of the big bookshelf, which she can reach if standing next to it. She likes to pull every book off her shelf into a big pile, and then sit in the pile and flip through them! Or chew, whichever she is in the mood for.We all also like being outside, so most evenings we inspect the yard - check out the irises blooming, see how much more the green beans have grown, look at the grass we planted last fall (and by "we" I mean Mark). The blackberries and grapes are growing, and the fig tree Kristin and Ian gave Naomi is leafing out.


Naomi has also discovered waving and reaching for people. She was doing it all weekend with her grandparents - someone would be holding her, and then she would reach to go to the next person. It is a fun game! And she gives very nice hugs. More and more she is becoming herself, and Mark and I soak in every minute. Even the nights when she wakes up a couple of times, and I am so tired and wish we could all be asleep, I remember this doesn't last forever, and all of it is beautiful time. Well, okay, sometimes it takes me a minute of hiding under the covers, and then I remember.
2 comments:
isn't it wonderful to have a backyard to explore? i love that last picture of mark and naomi.
and you know, there's nothing wrong with hiding under the covers for a few minutes. i do it all of the time, and i don't even have a baby as an excuse.
Isn't it so fun watching them develop their little personalities and become more interactive with people and the world! I also have to remind myself that the nights I'm rocking Eli won't last long and I need to take in every moment of those special times.
Post a Comment