Sunday, October 21, 2007

Flip Happy

Saturday morning we ate breakfast at the most wonderful place -- Flip Happy Crepes. That's right, the lovely establishment pictured here.
The great thing is that its outside, on a corner, with lots of dirt and rocks for Naomi to play with before the food is ready. You might think I am kidding, but no. See, Naomi doesn't do well for long meals out. Yes, she did let me grab a sandwich on Friday after the library (and I plan to get her used to going to lunch with me!), but the last time we tried to go to brunch (Magnolia Cafe with my folks), Naomi spent the last half outside. She is just too busy. But here we were already outside! And then it is very convenient for walking to the hike and bike trail for a walk.

But on to the crepes. These crepes were fantastic! And Naomi loved them as well. She had a mini-crepe filled with strawberries and a bit of vanilla pastry cream. I had one with scrambled eggs, spinach, tomatoes, and gruyere cheese. Mark's was similar, but with a fried egg, ham and gruyere. And then, because I had to try something sweet too, we got one with vanilla pastry cream, berries and berry sauce.

See these happy customers? See that berry/pastry cream filled crepe?

4 comments:

Alex said...

Yum! You must divulge the where-abouts of this little gem...stat!

poshdeluxe said...

yay!! i love that place. it's like, one of the happiest spots on austin.

ok, now i'm super hungry! and crepes are so far away...

Darby said...

I love driving by that place and wishing I could eat the glutenated crepes. It's always packed everytime I've driven by...must be good! Another Naomi-friendly eating place is P.Terry's (right by Flip Happy) b/c it's outside, and she can play in the sand box while you eat. Eli loves it!

Michelle said...

Um...I never knew this place existed and now i am far away from Austin. Boo.