Mark and I talked a lot about what to do for Naomi this year for Christmas, and we settled on Legos, the big block kind. I actually think that Mark got them for himself - he is so excited about playing Legos! And I am too, truthfully. There is something about buying toys that brings up all the lego-playing memories of each of our childhoods.
Last week I was at IKEA, looking around for stocking stuffers, and found a doll bed that I couldn't resist for Naomi. I knew she would like it, because she loves to play pretend, and put her animals to sleep, and pretend to take a nap herself (this is well documented in a previous post). As it turns out, her Nana bought her a doll - so it was perfect! But the secret appeal for me, was that I was going to have to pull it out Christmas Eve and put it together, set it up, and position it just right under her stocking for Christmas morning. Just like Christmas was crafted for us growing up, now its my job to create this magical season for my baby. 





No comments:
Post a Comment