From Colorado we drove to Ruiodoso, New Mexico to do Christmas with Mark's family. They were going to be there a whole week, but we spent the first couple of days before heading back to Texas and work.

We arrived on a Friday night, where it started snowing an hour and a half outside Ruiodoso. Then we made it halfway up the mountain (cause the condo was of course on top of a mountain) before our car decided it was too icy under the snow and refused to go up any more. So the only option (that Mark could see!) was to put all our warm clothes on, bundle up Naomi in the backpack carrier and hike what he said was just a 1/4-1/2 mile up the road (it was 1.3 miles). So we did - Mark's dad and brother-in-law Andrew walked halfway and met us, which made the whole thing much better! I wish I had a picture of our hike - it turned out really beautiful, but it was cold (19 degrees) and snowy. And it satisfied a dream of Mark's, I think. WOW.



No comments:
Post a Comment