
The thing that has been most evident to me since having a kid is that most of the cliches people throw at you about parenthood are actually true. I find myself more and more lately trying to figure out where my baby has gone, and really loving this little girl that has moved in with us. So, it is inevitable then that we would have the potty training post. The last two days Naomi has gone to school sans pull-ups, wearing underwear like a big girl. I am so proud of her and nervous for her all together. It really is a step in independence - which Naomi is aware of because at the same time she tells us that she is still little, and has gone back to using her little potty instead of the big one. I'm okay with this push-pull of growing up. She will be doing this our whole relationship, and I am so happy to be the one to hug and the one to give space.
3 comments:
"i'm okay with this push-pull of growing up..."
and this, my friend, is one of the many reasons i am so humbled and honored to be in community with the trio of pearsons.
such a beautiful, raw, honest, truthful, hopeful love you exude.
Wren went through a phase recently where she would tell us all the time about how she didn't want to grow up, and how she would rather be three years old forever than to grow up. Fortunately that seems to have passed, because it was absolutely heartbreaking!
I just love reading your blog...
Post a Comment