Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Summertime

My work has ended for the academic year, Micah is off school, and Naomi has six days left of Kindergarten.  Summertime has begun!  Needless to say, my dreaming of summer started a month or two ago in the midst of the crazy-busy season.  Camps for Naomi, sitting by the pool, not having to leave the house before 7:30am, spending time with friends, traveling a little.  Of course, we'll also be juggling Mark working from home, not having my income, and full-time kiddos all summer! 

Goals for the summer:
-Potty Training Micah - this is already happening in full swing.  He's doing great, and I will try not to tell too many "I pooped in my hand!" stories.  Really, that is it.  But the level of his distress was really funny.
-Cooking & baking - two days in and I have made marinara sauce, bread dough, granola bars, and have plans for yogurt and granola.  Also, being intentional about our shopping and meals and all that stuff. 
-Swimming and hanging out by the pool - beyond just a way to spend time, I really want Naomi to be able to put her face in the water this year.
-Lots of sibling time!!
-Dallas - Mark has a conference in Dallas in June, and we will go along to hang out.  I think the Dallas Zoo one day, and then a pool day the next. 
-Science Camp - for Naomi
-Decluttering my house - I'd like to take it room by room. 
-Use the Jumpy House Groupon voucher I bought a couple of months ago.
-Road Trip to Colorado in July
-Slow days with walks, and Art, and playing with friends
-Give Mark time to work - so leave the house most mornings

No comments: