Thursday, July 3, 2008

Birth Day

On Naomi's actual birthday I took the day off, and had a special day with Naomi. She has been well celebrated, but I like the idea of taking the actual day and doing something special together.


We started off at Elsi's for breakfast - she had a breakfast taco and I had their central breakfast (eggs, black beans, plantains, sourcream). Then we headed to the zoo!

On the way there, Naomi called from the backseat -- I have a mustache! (Can you tell we've been playing with Mr Potatohead?).

Naomi told me before we went in that she wanted to see a Peacock. We saw peacocks and tigers, as well as laughed at monkeys and talked to sheep and goats. We also rode the train. It was a good day, that ended in another batch of cupcakes -- she got birthday cake afterall!






It is exciting to see all the things that Naomi is exploring and doing these days. She talks about her friends, she plays on her own, she loves to dance and invite Mark or I into her projects. I hear "Come on, mama" all day long, and we dance or play legos, or watch Elmo. She really loves us, and we really love her.

1 comment:

poshdeluxe said...

i still can't get over her mustache joke. so awesome.