
Last week was Mark's birthday -- he turned 35! And to celebrate, first he was out of town all week, then I was out for two full days, so celebrating has lasted a full week. Naomi wanted to get Mark a present, "a toy of his own!" I really think Naomi has a gift of choosing presents - she finds such joy in that part of birthdays. She has had very clear ideas lately of what to get her friends, and it usually involves things they like to do together. So, for Mark it was a toy, "something pirate-y." So off to Terra Toys we went, and came back (after much back and forth between her and I, saying no to the $90 pirate ship and a redirection back to pirates from princessy stuff) with a cool pirate island set. They love to play Playmobil together. It was a perfect choice.

Today, we finished his cake. A Lemon-Syrup Loaf Cake topped with blackberries and whipped cream - Micah and Naomi sat on the counter and helped with the whipped cream.

No comments:
Post a Comment