
Happy Birthday Dear Micah!
Micah turned one January 6th - a feat that sort of blew me away and had me questioning time, space, and what I've actually done for the last year. There is no question of what Micah has been doing for the previous 12 months - Growing! and Walking! and Laughing! and learning to do all those things that show you that he is not a baby, and barreling full force into this next year of toddlerhood. This past month, since he turned the Big-0-1, I really see himas a little person. He points at everything, throws a fit now and then (daily) and laughs and smiles really big at me when he's pretty sure he is doing something he isn't supposed to. Yup, we are so THERE.
In what has become our tradition, I baked the cake (CARROT) and Mark decorated it - if you turn your head sideways you'll see that it spells "Micah" in peaches. Thankfully, while the day/week of Micah's actual birth was in the 20s, this year it was pleasant and he even got his cake outside.


Micah, also in family tradition, took to the cake just fine. And it looks like he didn't waste a crumb.
In what has become our tradition, I baked the cake (CARROT) and Mark decorated it - if you turn your head sideways you'll see that it spells "Micah" in peaches. Thankfully, while the day/week of Micah's actual birth was in the 20s, this year it was pleasant and he even got his cake outside.



Micah, also in family tradition, took to the cake just fine. And it looks like he didn't waste a crumb.

1 comment:
Micah is always such a joy. I'm so glad we got to share his birthday with you guys!
Post a Comment