
Naomi and I explored a new part of the park by Central Market today - the huge live oak tree! It is amazing we haven't walked under it before, but we are usually on our way to see the ducks and play on the bridge. Today we stopped at the tree, and Naomi saw a little girl she had made friends with climbing on it, so she wanted to climb too!
I've been thinking lately about work-life and home-life, and balance, and time and money, and all the things that come into play. Naomi was 7months old when I started working part-time - I couldn't imagine that she would ever climb on a tree!! She seems so big now. The last two days I picked her up from school early, and realized I totally interrupted her day. She was in the middle of covering herself with paint, or was next in line for the swings. In fact, Wednesday her teacher (who we love) actually said, "oh she's going to be sad that you are here, she was next in line to swing." Of course, Naomi was running over to me smiling as he said it. But still, she has her world going on these days. There is such a difference in her, that I have to remind myself that there are still so many things to be here for, and that she is still little. But I've also been reminded this past week, that working part-time isn't the same as working full-time. I have to set limits at work as to how much I can give, and be available, when many times I would love to dive in more, or take on more clients.
It is pretty cool though, that for these seasons of her life, I get to be around some extra time. This morning, before leaving the house, we drew with sidewalk chalk and painted with watercolors. When I suggested painting, she said "we paint together, mama". I get to experience her world with her, and she always invites me in to that.
5 comments:
She does seem so big now. Just seeing this picture and not being able to see her from months I'm quite shocked. But still such a pretty girl. I look forward to next time I get to see her and you guys.
Matt
what a precious, thoughtful post. i imagine that finding the perfect balance is difficult, but i think you're an amazing mom, and i love witnessing the special relationship you have formed with yr beautiful daughter.
p.s. climbing trees rules.
Well said. Great picture!
Great picture. Alvin saw it and said "Nomi."
This is an amazing picture of her-such a beautiful girl!
Post a Comment