Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Wendell


A year after Mark and I got married I went to visit a friend, and a stray white-with-dark-ears kitten followed me into their house. He also had what looked like red magic marker all over his back. He came home with me, got a bath and we've had him since then. We called him Wendell, because Mark had just given me a book of Wendell Berry poems for my birthday. Today, as we were leaving the house for work, we discovered a quite bloody Wendell on the back porch - where 10 minutes before he had been fine. Its a mystery what happened (a fall, a car), but the result is a broken jaw, a crooked nose, and a full morning at two different vet offices. He went through his surgery okay, and is all wired back together. Hopefully we'll bring him back home tomorrow.

1 comment:

Michelle said...

Aw Wendell!! I hope he recovers quickly and he is so lucky to have y'all taking care of him!